July 26, 2007

3 Ways to Reactivate Clients

Statistics show that it costs five times as much to acquire a new customer than to get business from a past one. So why are we spending more time chasing the strangers?

People buy from people who they know, like, and trust. Your past customers already know you, like you, and trust you. So you don't have to spend time selling yourself. They are already sold on you! You just have to remind them you are around.

Here are my favorite ways to "remind" past clients about me. I always see results:

  1. Custom Holiday Gift
    What a great time of year to thank your clients and remind them about what you offer. Can you send a small token gift that coordinates with the design project you completed? How about a throw pillow made from their fabric scraps, or a small accessory that matches their room? I just heard an amazing idea for this time of year: a Christmas tree skirt sewn from matching fabric. How excited your client will be to have a skirt match their couch or window treatments!
  2. Call Me!
    I like to make it a point to call one past client each week. I call to say hello, to ask if they've seen a new store, to get permission to use them on my referral list... never to sell. But I often hear, "Oh, I'm so glad you called. I've been thinking about starting my living room..." And I set up an appointment.
  3. Email Newsletter
    This is my favorite way to keep in constant contact with my clients. I get a lot of repeat business and warm referrals because of the loyalty that is built from consistent communication.
Loyal, happy, repeat customers make your business not only successful, but a joy! I hope you enjoy this holiday season.

No comments: